How did Zenutrients start?
- The brand began in 2007 as ZEN, while looking for a natural cure to manage psoriasis, and we found that using Virgin Coconut Oil worked
- ZEN began by bottling & selling Virgin Coconut Oil, which rapidly expanded to related lines: soaps, massage oils, lotions, shampoos. Initially the brand started selling in weekend bazaars, but in 2012 began to enter malls through kiosks, and Zenutrients was born.
- Today the brand continues to operate in the Philippines nationwide with kiosks, presence in department stores such as Landmark, supermarkets such as Rustan's and Robinsons, Mercury and Watson's drugstores, and a growing e-commerce footprint as well.
- This is the first entry for the brand into the US market.
How is Zenutrients different from other brands?
- Honest, yummy, pure products! Every item we make is alive with nature’s colors that feel just as good as they look!
Why should I use Zenutrients?
- Skin is the body’s largest organ and what you put on your skin soaks in, so it only makes sense to go as natural as you can with skin & hair care products you use
- Zenutrients makes an effort to work directly with farmers not only to get the best in Filipino ingredients, but to also ensure each supplier we work with gets a fair compensation for their product and so we can continue to nurture and explore local ingredients for beauty as an alternative source of income for Filipino farmers
MANUFACTURING & INGREDIENTS
Where is Zenutrients made?
- All Zenutrients products are handcrafted by us at our production site in Manila, at 57 East Capitol Drive, Bgy Kapitolyo, Pasig, Philippines
Are Zenutrients products cruelty-free? What about vegan? Safe for pregnant women and children? Are your products hypoallergenic?
- All Zenutrients products are cruelty-free, we do not test on any animals (ever!)
- All our products are vegan, except for the balms, which contain beeswax
- All our products are also safe for use by pregnant women, but of course we would suggest showing your doctor our products or ingredient list should you want to make sure
- Our products are safe for children, but we suggest double checking with your doctor on products that contain peppermint for infants
- If you’re still unsure, we also suggest doing a patch test. Apply the product on a small area on the inside of your arm and observe for 20-30 minutes for any reactions
- We try to utilize natural ingredients in it's purest form, so don't worry if the product colors vary, it is only natural
What ingredients does Zenutrients use?
- We use a lot of ingredients as we have hundreds of products! So if you want to know more, all our products do have the ingredient list on the back label. We do tend to use a lot of Gugo, Aloe Vera, CocoHoney (honey from the tree and not the bee!), Virgin Coconut Oil / Coconut Oil and various Essential Oils across most of our product ranges
What are the benefits of Gugo?
- Gugo (Scientific Name: Entada phaseoloides) is a woody plant native to the Philippines and may also be found in other parts of Asia. As Gugo is rich in saponins, a natural compound with deep-cleaning properties, it has long been used as a hair shampoo due to its ability to lather very well. In fact, before shampoo, Gugo was often bought dried and then soaked in a basin with warm water and rubbed directly onto the hair
- Beyond cleansing, Gugo is well known to promote thicker hair growth, prevents hair fall and hair breakage, to keep hair dark and if often used by women suffering from post-partum hairfall, or those just looking to keep their hair thick healthy and strong
What are the benefits of Virgin Coconut Oil?
- Coconut oil is a wonderful superfood for skin & hair. It can be ingested or applied topically. Coconut oil’s antioxidant effects can help protect against free radicals—its loaded with Vitamin E & lauric acid —so it heals and repair damaged skin and hair. The medium-chain fatty acids are also easily absorbed, can strengthen connective tissue and help with exfoliation.
- It’s the perfect all-over moisturizer – you can apply onto ends for dry hair, onto skin after showering, even directly on rashes, eczema and psoriasis.
What are the benefits of Ginger?
- Ginger has long been used for blood circulation. In food, it is often drank as a digestive, to ease any stomach pains. When massaged onto the body, it has a warming effect that helps promote the flow of blood, ideal for body aches, pains, stiff joints and the like
- Many often use it as well for aromatherapy purposes, to relax and calm
What are the benefits of essential oils?
- Essential oils have been used for thousands of years to heal and improve physical & mental health for thousands of years. Many essential oils can be applied topically to ease inflammation and alleviate pain.
- While others have antiseptic and antifungal properties are also used to disinfect and heal cuts, abrasions and other wounds and skin conditions. Yet others are used for soothing & treating tight muscles and increasing circulation.
Where can I buy Zenutrients here in the US?
- For the full list of our store list, please visit here .
What discounts do you offer?
- Please watch for our alerts on our website, Facebook, Instagram & Twitter for promotions.
GETTING IN TOUCH WITH ZENUTRIENTS
Where is Zenutrients located?
- All products are made in the Philippines at our production site on 57 East Capitol Drive, Bgy Kapitolyo, Pasi
I’m interested in featuring Zenutrients! Who do I get in touch with?
- Email us at email@example.com so we can coordinate with you.
- How is Zenutrients different from other brands?
We are a locally produced, 100% Filipino brand. We manage the brand from end to end, from sourcing, to production and to retail. Other than that, we are unique because we make really delicious, great-to-use products that truly work. Zenutrients products have a “yummy” quality to them, and we always want to make your in-use experience as delicious as possible.
- What is the difference between natural and organic?
This refers to the source ingredient and how it was grown. So for example – an apple is, of course, natural. If the apple is grown on a farm that uses zero chemicals, using an agreed set of standards on what makes a farm organic (farming practices, production methods, sustainable) then it also becomes an ORGANICALLY GROWN apple.
- Why do product color and consistency vary, even with the same product?
All our products are made with natural and sometimes even raw ingredients, dry ingredients, oils and extracts. There will be inconsistencies and differences – because that’s only natural. Of course, as every person is different, if there are any doubts, it’s always good to check with your doctor what you’re allergic to. This only means we are trying to give you the ingredients in their most natural, untouched state. Which to us, also means a better quality product.
- Are your products safe for pregnant women and children?
Yes, all our products are safe for women and children. For infants and newborns, we would suggest avoiding items with mint. Of course, as every person is different, if there are any doubts, it’s always good to check with your doctor what you’re allergic to. For any age: always do a patch test by applying small amount on inside of arm, watch for reactions for 30 mins to 1 hour. If there are no reactions, product is safe to apply.
- Do your products contain parabens, proteins, sulfates or pthalates?
All Zenutrients products are made without parabens, proteins, sulfates or pthalates.
SPA & WELLNESS
- What is the Special Blend massage oil? Special Blend: higher doses of essential oils + coconut oil.
- Special Blend: higher doses of essential oils + coconut oil.
All oils are great for massages, as after shower oils, post workout too, so it’s really a matter of preference.
- Why do the oils solidify?
Our massage oils all contain pure coconut oil, which tends to solidify in cooler temperatures. This is a normal characteristic of coconut oil (in fact, it would be weird if it didn’t solidify!). Just leave in a warm area or put the bottle in a cup of hot water to melt.
- Is camphor safe?
Camphor essential oil has many benefits: it boosts the circulatory system, antiseptic, decongestant, anti-inflammatory and disinfectant. It is safe, but of course you shouldn’t ingest it.
- What is the difference between the Ginger Oil in pump and Ginger Massage Oil? The difference is in the dosage. Ginger massage oil has a lower concentration of Ginger, as it is meant to spread all over the body.
- Where did Gugo bark come from?
It is a large woody vine that climbs in the forest canopy. It commonly grows wild in lowland forests near the sea or places that has mild to tropical climates. It can also be found in Africa, other Asian countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia and in the Pacific islands.
- Do you make shampoo and conditioner in one?
No, because shampoos are meant to clean (and as such remove stuff, like dirt from hair); while conditioners are meant to moisturize (and so “stay” in hair). Since they have opposing functions, we don’t want to dilute the shampoo for being a conditioner too, and so we don’t make shampoo and conditioner in one
How To Buy
Can I shop without registering?
Yes, you can shop at zenutrients.us without creating an account.
HOWEVER, registering an account can give you some benefits like:
- Track your orders and review past purchases
- Request a return or exchange directly from your account
- Save your address and card details so you can shop even quicker next time
How can I start shopping?
Placing an order is easy. Simply register on our site by clicking on the sign-up link. Input your details and you can now start adding the items you want to your virtual shopping cart!
How do I know my order was placed successfully?
You will know that your order was placed successfully when you receive a notice via email and via the website that your order has been placed and is being processed
How do you ship your orders?
Our main shipping carrier is USPS.
Where do you ship your items to?
We can ship almost anywhere in the U.S.
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
Typical time for order to arrive is 3 to 10 business days. Express order available for extra charge.
How do I track my order?
We will be providing you with a tracking number once your order is shipped. You can use this number to track your order via the courier’s website.
Do you provide free shipping?
Orders $39.00 and up will be free shipping in the U.S. only.
Shipping and Delivery
How do you ship your orders?
Ground and Air. Varying depending on destination.
What are your shipping rates?
Shipping rates will be provided at the checkout. Orders $39.00 and up are free shipping within the U.S.A.